Workbench

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable easy hosting of shiny apps on shinyapps.io service (http://www.shinyapps.io)

When you create a shiny app using R Studio and R Shiny on a desktop PC/MAC environment - from within R Studio you can publish your app to the web using R Studio's shinyapps.io hosting service so anyone can access your app using only a browser.

It would be useful for this functionality [that is, ability to post shiny apps to shinyapps.io from with R Studio the same way it is done from a desktop environment - which is essentially by clicking a publish application button in R Studio] within R Studio to be seamlessly available in IBM Data Science…

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Cognitive Class Labs
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Jupyter - R  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Julia

I've been working with Julia (and Jupyter) for over a year. It's pretty robust and Julia is kinda addictive: certain things can be written quite elegantly, and it's hard to rephrase in other languages. Spark integration with Julia is still early stage...

I would like to see support for Julia in the Data Scientist Workbench. This may support development on Julia/Spark as well.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. allow others to access my notebooks

I want to be able to allow other users of DSWB to be able to access my notebooks. I want to be able to collaborate with others without giving them a copy of the notebook.
    I envision this to be similar to how dropbox allows me to share my files. I should be able to point to a file and give another user read or write access to the notebook file.

What do you think?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Jupyter Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Uploading notebooks

Upload notebooks from a local drive.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently there are two ways to upload notebooks in BDU Labs:

1. Open My Data in the sidebar. Use the “Upload Data” feature. There is a known limitation of only being able to upload within /resources/data, but Jupyter will still recognize any ipynb you upload as a notebook.

2. Alternately, open Jupyter. After it opens, drag and drop your notebook from a file window (e.g Windows Explorer or Mac Finder) into your browser. It will upload the notebook and flash messages at the top of the screen while doing so.

I appreciate that these options can be a little obscure. We’re always reviewing ways to make the user experience in BDU Labs simpler and more intuitive.

Regards,

Leons Petrazickis
    Platform Architect
    IBM Big Data U

5. libspatialindex dependency for Geopandas

install libspatialindex (http://libspatialindex.github.io/install.html) on the Jupyter environment

libspatialindex is a dependency for rtree (http://toblerity.org/rtree/) which is a dependancy for geopandas (http://geopandas.org/install.html#dependencies).

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Jupyter - Python  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Publishing Results - Service similar to Rpubs.com integrated here?

Considering this is being marketed as an integrated workbench for data scientists, why don't you provide a publishing feature like 'Rpubs.com' for this workbench, where you can post your analysis publications which can be accessed by other collaborators? This need not be just limited to R - but similar markdowns as well..

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Spark  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Brunel visualization

It would be really good to have Brunel visualisation package available in notebooks. More information on Brunel can be found at https://github.com/Brunel-Visualization/Brunel

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Jupyter Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Pointer to getting started and tutorials on homepage

Reported by Paul Zikopolous:
    I found it odd to have tutorials under My Notebooks -- since I never created one so I never went there, but I see it now. But something to consider - why not put a link on the main page

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base